If you are working with an Agilytic PowerPoint master, here are a few things to facilitate collaboration.
Make sure you have installed the entire DM font family (free, open source) on your computer before you start PowerPoint. 👇
Installing them on your PC or Mac should not take more than a few minutes (it’s a one time thing).
- Instructions for Windows PC: in File Explorer, go to the folder where you unzipped the new fonts. Select the fonts you are interested in installing, right click and select Install.
- Instructions for Mac computers: in Finder, go to the folder you unzipped the fonts. Select the fonts, right click and select “Open With Font Book”. The fonts preview will open. Click the “install” button at the bottom of each preview.
- On an iPhone or iPad, it is also possible to install custom fonts: How to Add Custom Fonts on an iPhone or iPad
If you have other questions, please contact your IT support.
- We use DM Mono for number tables (monospaced fonts are easier to read for numbers) Ensure all numbers are all of the same format (decimals, size, etc.) and aligned right.
Some more complex visual elements are created with third party plugins such as Efficient Elements, some of which might require a commercial licence to perform edits.
They should, however be 100% compatible with your version of PowerPoint even if you don't have the plugins installed.
If you need assistance in collaborating on such a visualization for a project, please get in touch with your Agilytic contact.
If you'd like to learn more about the guidelines and principles we try to follow while preparing presentations, we recommend the following works and resources:
- Storytelling with data (on Amazon FR)
- Better presentations (on Amazon FR)