💼 Professional experience
Senior Data Scientist & Engineer Since 2020
- Insurance Data extraction and transformation using SQL
- Cultural Sector – Client segmentation Based on several data sources, including ticketing information, developed a segmentation model to address clients in a more personalized way, also taking COVID effect into account. Iterations with the end-users was key in developing the most relevant and actionable segments. Technologies: Python for data analysis, modelling and visualisation (plotly, matplotlib), git for version controlling.
- Public sector – Supervised document classification Combining the scraping of thousands of websites and the usage of robust data pipelines and supervised modelling techniques, designed and built an effective Document Classification Engine leveraging an optimized AWS Cloud infrastructure in terms of cost and efficiency. Technologies: Python for data preparation & modelling, git for version controlling, AWS environment for industrialisation (incl. but not limited to S3 storage, Container Docker Repository, Batch, Aurora MySQL), terraform to deploy cloud resources.
- Automotive – Risk scoring Leveraging all available information at the subscription of a leasing contract, developed and deployed a comprehensive model to predict the risk and the severity of several types of incidents. He also shared in a very didactic way the results with the business to ensure adoption. Technologies: Python (with matplotlib and plotly in jupyter notebooks) for data analysis and visualization, TIMi for data preparation, modelling and deployment.
- Real estate – End-to-end reporting Developed a robust tool consolidating leads data from various websites into one data pipeline feeding the client’s CRM. Technologies: Python for data retrieval and preparation, AWS environment for industrialisation (PythonAnywhere), Power BI for data visualisation.
University of Helsinki, Finland
University research assistant October 2018 — September 2020
Computational modelling & mathematical analysis of quantum interactions in subatomic particles. Conception & management of scientific research projects. Lecturer in Theoretical Physics.
Université Libre de Bruxelles
University lecturer in physics 2015 — 2018
- Lectured at theoretical physics master program.
- Supervised master students.
Post doctoral work
Various universities 2010 — 2018
- Université Libre de Bruxelles, BE
- Universitat de Barcelona, ES
- Universiteit Utrecht, NL
Universidade de Santiago de Compostela, Spain
PhD candidate and lecturer in Physics 2006 — 2010
Using state-of-the-art simulation techniques in high energy theoretical physics, Javier created models to study the complex interactions between subatomic particles, producing a vast number of published scientific papers and seminars.
Lectured on basic (lab) and advanced (gravitation) topics
🦾 Certifications, trainings
- Data processing, analysis & visualization
- Data Pipelines industrialisation
- Numerical methods & analysis
- Machine learning methods
- Project Management
- Collaboration & management of international teams
Software & programming
- Python (incl. Pandas, numpy, scipy, scikit)
- Spark DataFrame API and Databricks
- Tensorflow knowledge
- Anatella (ETL)
- AWS Cloud Practitioner Certified
- Azure (AZ-900 certified)
- Databricks Certified Associate Developer for Apache Spark 3.0 (with python)
- Power BI Certified
- Azure Data Scientist Associate (ongoing)
🎓 Academic credentials
- PhD in Physics Universidade de Santiago de Compostela, 2010
🇪🇸 Spanish: native
🇬🇧 English: fluent
🇫🇷 French: professional proficiency
🇳🇱 Dutch: limited proficiency
🔐 Proprietary and confidential. 💡 Profile CVs are provided for illustration purposes. ✅ Planning of specific experts will be secured upon formal agreement.