We are often asked about the best way to kickstart a career in data science, and our line of consultancy in particular. There is no specific school or reference book, but the following works should serve as a nice launchpad.
An article to get you started: a quant's experience in changing careers towards Data Science.
A subscription to DataCamp (max 30$ per month) can be a great investment — if you have the time and the motivation to use it. Our colleagues use it extensively. We also heard good things about DataQuest, but we didn’t try it ourselves, so we can’t vouch for it at this stage.
KDnuggets has a couple of articles to structure your learning around Data Science and Python:
Webinar and guide from our colleagues
Eager to know how to ace your data science interviews? Looking for help to prepare you for your move towards a thriving data science career? Best practices and tips for your application?
Watch the 1-hour informative webinar on everything you need to know to kick-start your data science career journey including:
- Data science jobs & career paths
- Landing an interview invitation
- Preparing for the interview
- Preparing for the cases
- What comes next?
- And topics on your mind in the Q&A session!
⏱ In this one-hour session, you’ll get valuable insights to help you with the communicative, written, and business/analytical case elements of your application.
👉 💻 Access the webinar: Watch our webinar on how to fast-track your data science career
Ready to expand your skill set with different tools, methodologies, and across various industries? Check out our team’s recommended resources to level up your knowledge!
👉 📘 Our very own guide: The ultimate guide to passing your next data science interview
Below are a few books recommended by the Agilytic team.
- Big Data MBA: gives an interesting look at the structure of a data science-based business project, like the ones we carry out at Agilytic
- Storytelling with Data: simple steps to transform your data visualization into clutter-free masterpieces.
- Cracked It!: is an excellent summary of many problem-solving approaches that consultants use.
- Data Science for Business (book)
- Data Story (book)
- The Personal MBA (book)
- How to build presentations for consulting (slide deck)