Loyal customers: more than a number
Building a loyal customer base is not just about longevity. Your most loyal customers also help you become more profitable in various ways.
Increase average spend
Not only do customers stay more loyal, they also spend more on average.
They are the most reliable source of meaningful, constructive feedback.
Their recommendations to friends and family lower your cost of acquisition.
Lower cost to serve
They are less difficult and less costly to serve.
Making sense of what drives customer experience
To create loyal customers who will help your company thrive, you must manage their experience across the entire customer journey. Your customers' journey may vary slightly, but customer journeys follow this general sequence.
Focusing on the journey rather than on particular touchpoints is definitively associated with better customer experience outcomes. Many factors influence the customer journey:
- Product or service meets expectations: The basic requirement is to have your product/service match your customers’ expectations. This can be driven by your own marketing as well as your customers’ experience with comparable products/services;
- Multi-channel service: customers expect a seamless experience, regardless of the chosen interaction channel;
- Employee behavior: it’s not only about your product/service. Front-line employees can make or break a customer experience, and those behind the scenes (back-office, logistics…) can also have a significant impact.
- Operational success: operational metrics can gauge efficiencies within an organization, but they don’t always speak to what’s important to the customer. Matching an operational metric with a corresponding customer measurement to calibrate operational targets is ideal.
- Technology systems: fragmented and outdated systems can complicate processes and frustrate customers, but they no longer be an excuse.
- Organizational silos: many organizations are guilty of “shipping the org chart”, that is structuring their offering in a way that reflects their structure, leading to cumbersome handoffs between departments and negatively impacting customers.
How we can help
At Agilytic, we help organizations reach their goals through the smarter use of data. Our team has a wide-ranging experience in data-driven customer experience programs in demanding industries such as Telecom, Healthcare and Insurance.
Some of our previous interventions had the following results:
- Boost the up-/cross-sell to your customers → Read our case study
- Identify customers “in distress”: preemptively engage with customers who are getting lost between various touch points → Read our case study
- Prioritize initiatives based on the correlation between your products, your touch points and customer loyalty, thanks to advanced churn modeling → Read our case study
- Set up “proactive” retention tactics to act before your customers leave for good → Read our case study
- Automate the reporting of your Customer Experience program in a unified view → Read our case study
- Identify influencers amongst your client base
💬 In their own words…
To support our transformation, we needed to improve the way we master data and use it to achieve our strategic goals. Agilytic is an ideal partner to support our organization in this transition: they combine deep data science expertise with strong business skills. They are working hand in hand with our business experts, with a pragmatic, flexible and result-driven approach. Furthermore, their dedication & team spirit are very much appreciated by our colleagues. I strongly recommend Agilytic to any company willing to speed up its “data learning curve!
David Fraiture. Deputy CEO, Partenamut