To facilitate further reading, here’s an expanded list of recommended books on the topics covered together.
- Big Data MBA: a reference for us at Agilytic as it bridges the business and analytics world.
- Data Science for Business: does a great job of summarising the different analytical techniques used in business settings.
- Competing on Analytics: full of examples of analytics applied successfully to large scale problems.
- Cracked it! : a powerful methodology to approach problem solving. Especially useful for young aspiring consultants. Get a copy and expect to get back to it often.
- DataStory: a great starting point to build convincing “sliduments”: presentations designed for business decision-making (so not Ted Talks).
- Storytelling with Data : on of the most frequently recommended books from our team. If your work includes preparing charts and other types of data visualisation, you must read this before you work on another chart.
- Let’s Practice companion book: recently released, it’s a great addition to the first book, looking at practical examples.
- The Big Book of Dashboards is perfect if you are working on complex dashboards, such as a combination of charts that need to make sense individually and as a whole.
- Better Presentations: an excellent ressource for aspiring presenters. We also highly recommend the author’s blog and his selection of excel templates.
See you soon, and until then, don’t hesitate to browse our case studies, our career opportunities, or follow us on these social networks: